Friday, January 13, 2012

Vintage Tea Bag Box

We're back at Pattie's Creations Challenge with our first challenge of the New Year. The theme for challenge #35 is Fancy Folds. For my creation I made a Treat or Candy box that I filled with tea bags instead of the usual.
Full View

Closeup View
The 'Vintage Tea Cup' image is from Pattie's Creations. I digitally colored the image.
The tutorial for this box can be found at my friend Bev Code's post at her blog. I've made a few of these before and went with different dimensions than Bev. If I were making party favors I would go with the smaller one that Bev made. Where she used a 6" square of cardstock or DP, I used a 9" square and scored at 3" and 6". I've even made a bigger one with a 12" square and scored at 4" and 8". Whatever size you decide to make, you'll agree that these are so easy to make!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! Love the idea of filling it with tea for my tea drinking friends. Love that image too. Now to find the time to try and make one :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Sandi! Thanks for sharing the tutorial link as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, what a great idea! I will have to try making one of these and give it to one of my friends who loves tea. I love how you colored My Vintage Tea Cup image.

    Love
    your sister,
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Miss Sandi!! and such a great gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post!
Sandi ♥