Summertime Beach Scene

Today's theme for Pattie's Creations challenge #48 is Summertime. I altered a Journal that had a travel theme to it, and I had found it at Walmart for a dollar months ago. I bought a few of them and this is the first one that I used.
I digitally colored the images, yes images, there are 4 separate images used to create a Summertime Beach Scene. They are titled: 'Beach Pattieboop' (I removed the beach umbrella), 'Sun with Face', 'Sand Castle', and 'Allie in Fishbowl' (I removed the fishbowl). Visit Pattie's shop here! Needless to say this did take me a long time to create. Once I had all of my images merged, I colored it in with fills, patterns, and gradients. I did some minimal highlighting in areas for effect. The DP was also digitally created from a pattern. Finally, the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps that I put some purple glitter in areas of the beach ball. I did leave the spine of the journal uncovered, since the color goes well with the theme. I'm going to send this to our great-niece Cassidy so that she can keep track of her summer adventures (with Mommy's help)!
Challenges Entered:
Cardmadfairy - Summertime
Craft Punked - Summertime
Simply Create Too - Summer/Vacation
Stamp Man - Anything Goes/Summer Colors
C.R.A.F.T- Summer
Willow Sketchie Challenge - Sketch and/or Summer Holidays
Fab 'n Funky - Summer Holiday
Sassy Cheryl's - Summer Fun

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Wow, love how you combined all those images to make this great looking scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,

    This journal came out really cute! I love how you added so many of my images to one scene. Cassie will love it!

    Hugs
    your sister
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute scene and a fabulous journal! You just amaze me with what you can do on a computer! Fabulous project!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun book cover! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab summer project, I love the scene you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the merging of the images. Makes for a great little story. It's perfect.
    Thanks for playing along in the SUMMER FUN challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I love way you have merged the images to create a wonderful summer scene.

    Thanks so much for taking part in the Fab n Funky challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun card! love the merging images~ makes a sweet beach scene!
    Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Summer Fun challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab idea and creation, i love it, perfect summertime scene! Thanks for joining Craft Punked this week, Paula :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card, I love the colours and the scene you have created :) Thanks for joining us at Craft Punked this week, Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your altered journal - its really cute. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very bright and summery thanks for entering our challenge at willow Sketchie challenge blog x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great summer scene for our theme . Thanks for joining in with us at Willow Sketchie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous summery card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a lovely bright Summery card :)
    Thanks for joining in the Craft Punked Challenge this week.
    d xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a gorgeous card full of wonderful summer colours. Thanks for linking to the Stamp Man challenge.
    Hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful beack scene journal you've made! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post!
Sandi ♥

Popular posts from this blog

A Mother's Love