Thursday, July 5, 2012

TBC - Dragonflies

Our niece, Gina, wanted a theme to match her bedroom in her completely re-built summer home. It had been destroyed by Hurricane Irene last year, so it was completely demolished and built new with more bedrooms and bathrooms for summer rental. Her color scheme is brown, cream, and a sort of sage greenish blue. She also wanted dragonflies. My sister, Pattie of Pattie's Creations, designed an image that I fell in love with. I digitally colored it and then emailed it to Pattie to convert it to an oil painting effect. It looks great! Here's an additional view of the lid, the DP that I created, and the oil painting image (watermarked). Sometimes my photos have color variations, even though I use professional lighting, which is why I'm posting the DP and image. I also added 4 punched dragonflies to the lid for effect.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Sandi, this tissue box cover looks great and I love the design paper.

    Love
    your sister
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love that image too and the DP you created is just wonderful! Great tissue box cover and know she'll use this for years to come! Very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Sandi, your made the dragonfly image looks wonderful! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Sandi. Lovely work of art. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Creating the Crafty Life similar to CDAC?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colors are perfect for my bathroom. now if only they were palm trees! lol.

    stunning card. hope ur staying cool.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi, the tissue box cover is gorgeous! I wish I had an aunt as talented as you. Your niece will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember coming to see this when you first did it but I didn't leave a message don't know why! *laughing* I just love it and that image is fabulous, I will have to check it out...
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post!
Sandi ♥